Javelina is seeking a contracted Full-charge Bookkeeper to coordinate financial support and general Human Resources needs in support of day-to-day business operations.
Javelina seeks to advance equality and human dignity through social, political and economic change by working with organizations to bring their stories to life. Everything we do is conducted through the lens of our purpose and core values: kindness, ownership, growth and support.
The ideal partner for this role is an experienced financial professional with HR Generalist experience who is passionate about creating meaningful change in the world. We’re pumped to find a talented and dedicated person who is ideally positioned to help our clients and team be the very best they can be.
More about you:
- Full charge bookkeeper or junior accountant
- HR generalist with demonstrated experience
- Proficient in Quickbooks Online, Microsoft Office, Accrual and Cash method financial theory, and project/job costing theory and application
- Comfortable with Google Suite
- Available to work 10-20 hours per week on a contract basis. For the most part, hours can be scheduled and pre-planned. During very busy times, there will be some need for rapid response and immediate availability.
- Can live anywhere in the United States
- Equipped to work remotely, with necessary IT infrastructure, security, etc.
- Driven to move meaningful change in our communities
- Wants to work with a passionate team of change makers
- You will report directly to the CEO and work closely with our contracted Financial Management Consultant and other senior members of staff
- This is an externally and internally facing role, involving collaboration with clients and team members as needed
Let us tell you about the role! You will:
- Work closely with our professional financial consultant to ensure all data is entered accurately, and to troubleshoot as necessary
- Manage new customer setup, customer invoicing, incoming ACH payment processing, and customer payments received
- Manage some vendor payments, including initiating bank wire transfers
- Adjusting ledger journal entries as required
- Manage internal job and time costing systems related to staff time, client budgets, and QBO project management
- Manage internal employee and HR systems, including health insurance, HSA account, POP 125 plan, disability insurance, tracking PTO and sick time, workers comp insurance, and financial and HR recordkeeping
- Prepare payroll processing data
- Compute and communicate employee commission payouts
- Manage weekly tracking and analysis of staff timesheets
- Assist with tracking customer financial performance, including tracking and analysing client budgets and profitability
- Assist with executing contracts and MOUs for new client relationships, and onboarding new client relationships into our regular systems
Compensation is hourly and will be negotiated, commensurate with experience and comparable local rates.
We are super excited to find the perfect person to help drive meaningful impact on behalf of our clients. If this sounds like a great fit for you, shoot your resume and a cover letter outlining your interest and experience to Ruth@javelina.co. We are looking to find the right partner asap, and will be reviewing submission on an ongoing basis until we find the right fit!
More about us and our team can be found at javelina.co.