At Javelina, we bring stories to life for our clients, so in turn our clients can change the world. We work together as a team to provide a full suite of professional consulting services. Our internship program is designed and intended to provide a robust educational experience and introduction into the world of politics. We strive to provide you with a unique and close-up look at political campaigns, elected offices, and other political environments. As an intern, you will report to a Client Manager and complete creative projects for political clients, and more.
As this is an educational internship, each intern will get out of the internship precisely what they put into it. Interns should be current college students who have a positive attitude, are highly self-motivated, have a strong work ethic, a desire and interest to work in a fast-paced environment, and a willingness to learn. The ideal candidate would have prior internship or work experience. Strong writing and analytical skills will benefit interns in future non-profit careers and they will be refined here. The intern will have the opportunity to interface with clients, elected officials, and other stakeholders.
Main tasks and responsibilities for this educational opportunity will include but not be limited to:
- Client project management
- Drafting and editing copy for a variety of platforms
- Event planning and coordination
- Database management
- Coordinating with Javelina team members to ensure deadlines on client projects are met
- Other duties and observational opportunities as assigned
A strong candidate will have the following qualities:
- Fun, positive attitude
- A sense of humor and a healthy appetite (we enjoy good food at Javelina!)
- Initiative and strong work ethic
- Strong communication skills – both verbal and written
- Great attention to detail
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Experience with research and analysis
- Effective time management skills, organizational skills and flexible mindset
- Familiarity with or being willing to be trained in: Google analytics, Canva, Sprout Social, Microsoft programs and applications, such as Adobe products and management systems
- Photography, video, web design and/or graphic design experience or desire to learn
The above qualities are qualities that will serve individuals well in non-profit professions. This internship will expose interns to the types of job duties and skills that interns will need in the “real world.” Our internship program is designed not for the benefit of Javelina, but instead to help our interns grow in a realistic work-setting. This is an unpaid position, but we will work with the appropriate college advisor to facilitate obtaining college credit.
Interested individuals should contact Paloma Ibañez at email@example.com with a resume, cover letter, and writing sample.