Vice President of Digital Strategy
Javelina is advancing equality and human dignity through social, political and economic change. By bringing together cutting-edge strategies from the worlds of advocacy organizations, product marketing, and political campaigns we enable our clients to make the change they want to see in the world. We know that to make meaningful and lasting change you need both – a powerful story, as well as the ability to mobilize people around your story.
We’re seeking a new member for the Javelina herd to oversee the expansion of our digital marketing services, and be a part of the leadership team working to build a globally influential business and brand.
In the role, you will:
- Build, develop and oversee digital strategy and projects for Javelina clients (both political and nonpolitical) that advance client objectives and make meaningful impact
- Lead development of digital marketing services to maximize existing and emerging trends and technologies for the success of our clients and company
- Grow and expand the Javelina brand and contribute to Javelina’s expansion by recruiting national clients, identifying additional markets, and pioneering new services
- Bring in clients and help grow company revenue year-on-year to meet sales and expansion goals
- Develop the team as we grow, overseeing the hiring, training, development and management of the digital services team
- Work closely with the Operations, Finance and Client Services teams to continually refine and improve processes that create quality outcomes for clients and foster overall company growth
- Deeply passionate about and expert at digital marketing strategy and campaign coordination
- Expert level ability with display advertising, tracking and interpreting analytics, retargeting, social media channels including LinkedIn, Instagram and Facebook (among others), paid search, marketing automation, conversion optimization and all aspects of developing and implementing exceptional impact-driven digital campaigns.
- Experience and knowledge of marketing, storytelling and online community building to lead and drive persuasion and influence through digital marketing.
- Demonstrate strong proficiency with Google Ads, Google Analytics, WordPress, HubSpot, Facebook Business Manager, LinkedIn Ads, Adobe Creative Cloud, Asana, Microsoft Office product suite, along with other industry-related systems and tools.
- An entrepreneurial spirit with a passion for building a business seeking to change the world
- Ability to identify and bring in new clients.
- Possess and demonstrate a deep and current knowledge of digital trends and strategy in digital marketing and technology and the ability to educate clients and team members on opportunities, best practices, and common pitfalls.
- Able to manage and develop teams
- Experience managing people and teams, and a passion for fostering learning in others.
- Passion for hiring and developing teams able to adapt and change with the demands of the business and industry.
- Project management experience and the ability to quickly prioritize a dynamic and changing task list.
You will be working with a diverse range of political, nonprofit and business clients. The ideal candidate could have a background in any related field, with a demonstrated interest in politics and advocacy. Passion to change the world is a must.
This position is not location-specific. Javelina is headquartered in Phoenix, AZ and this role could be based anywhere in the U.S. Some travel to Phoenix will be required.
More about us:
- Above all else, we are looking for someone who values what we value: kindness, doing things differently, pushing harder than ever before, always learning, and making a difference in the world.
- We’re a growing company with big ambitions. Our environment is more start-up than corporate office. The chaos is mostly organized but it is certainly a fast-paced and constantly evolving environment.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage people of color, those who identify as LGBTQ, people with disabilities, veterans, and those with a history of incarceration or criminal history to apply.
Salary is commensurate with experience and in the range of $80,000-110,000. Compensation package includes annual salary, company-paid healthcare premium (Section 125 pre-tax benefits), earned sick pay, flexible PTO, remote working policy, one-on-one training and development, and an annual education stipend. Plus, working somewhere really cool.