More specifically, you will:
- Lead the overall creative strategy for marketing clients. This includes planning client projects, leading strategy sessions with various stakeholders, identifying target audiences and relevant marketing tactics, and developing messaging to reach those audiences.
- Understand and assess digital advertising strategies and explain those strategies to clients
- Interpret digital advertising reports, analytics, and results and share those results with clients
- Create, review, and finalize high-quality deliverables. This includes a wide range of written and graphic content, including web and social media content, long-form messaging materials, printed collateral, and more.
- Work within existing processes and procedures while also seeking to innovate and improve the way we do the work.
- Work with the Project Manager to ensure tasks are completed on time and to a high standard to ensure their overall success.
- Cultivate a client experience where customers feel appreciated, communicated with, and astonished by our level of work.
- Advance the Javelina brand by leading and implementing Javelina’s marketing strategy
- Assist in the development of the whole team by supervising other team members and overseeing their learning and professional growth.
- Cultivate an environment where Javelina team members are heard, valued, and supported.
- Strategic. You work to understand the goals and needs of each project, look at the big picture and can set a course that accomplishes those goals.
- A strong writer. Whether writing a tweet or a multi-page marketing plan, you produce high-quality, creative content that drives action. You should be able to draft content to that standard as well as support others to achieve the same level of quality in their work.
- A creative problem-solver. You welcome challenges and find possible solutions to unexpected problems. You don’t give up easily, and you’re driven to persevere until you’ve found the right solution.
- Discerning. You have a good creative eye and can distinguish what looks great and what doesn’t. You have the ability and know-how to jump in and make tweaks when needed.
- Innovative. New ideas excite you, and you’ll often be heard saying “what if we tried this?”
- Collaborative. You believe the best ideas come from getting the best minds in the room and you are particularly adept at getting the best out of the rest of your team.
- A self-starter: Call it initiative, hustle, or just plain motivation, you’re always thinking ahead and pushing work forward without follow up or reminders.
- Coachable: You take feedback seriously, not personally. You own your mistakes and use them as a learning opportunity to swiftly make the changes necessary.
Minimum required qualifications: At least 2 years experience in a marketing role
Most importantly, you value what we value:
- Kindness: You approach every situation with awareness and empathy.
- Ownership: You lead from where you are and embrace responsibility for actions and outcomes.
- Growth: You strive for improvement in all areas through teaching, learning, and evaluation.
- Support: You see people for who they are in order to give intentional, proactive help and encouragement.
We’re a growing company with big ambitions. We embrace change, learning, and growth in every area. As a team we are hard-working, driven to win, and passionate about progress. We are growing steadily and with intention. We have 11 full time team members and a dedicated team of vendors and subcontractors.
We care about your total well-being. From flexible paid time off to paid family leave, weekly 1:1 meetings with your supervisor to an education stipend, our benefits are designed to support you in every area of your life, not just work.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage people of color, those who identify as LGBTQ+, people with disabilities, veterans, and those with a history of incarceration or criminal history to apply.
- Initial Posting Date: April 25, 2022
- Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until filled.
- Employment Type: Full-time, exempt
- Salary Range: $55,000 – $75,000 annually. Compensation within stated range commensurate with experience and rates consistent with geographic market.
- A ton of other great things:
- A primarily remote work environment, with consistent in-person touch points and intentional opportunities for collaboration and connection
- Flexible paid time off (meaning, we don’t limit the number of paid days off)
- Company-wide paid office closure for Thanksgiving week and two weeks around the winter holidays
- 12 paid national holidays
- Earned sick days
- Health insurance
- 401k plan with 4% employer match
- Up to 12 weeks paid family leave per year after a full year of employment in the case that a child joins the home, or to care for the health of yourself or a family member
- An annual stipend for professional development/educational opportunities
- Commission on any clients you bring in