More specifically, you will:
- Translate brainstorms, conversations and ideas into clear, succinct messages.
- Develop our clients’ core brand identities, including purpose, mission and target audience(s)
- Creatively develop a wide range of written marketing materials, including web and social media content, long-form messaging materials, memos, and press releases
- Provide excellent proofreading and editing with strong attention to detail
- Contribute to other creative processes, such as brainstorming sessions and client retreats.
- Coordinate and track client projects to ensure tasks are completed on time and to a high standard to ensure their overall success.
- Conduct research that informs client projects and decisions.
- Build and maintain excellent customer service by practicing proactive communication and being responsive to client needs.
- Assist in the development of the whole team by managing interns and overseeing their learning and professional growth.
- Assist in the growth and development of Javelina as a company by participating in department and company-wide strategic planning activities.
- Assist in advancing the Javelina brand through participation in sales and marketing initiatives.
- An excellent writer: Whether writing a tweet or a four-page report, you can turn an idea into a first draft with little assistance, and develop strong final materials. You have the ability to write in different voices and for different audiences.
- Collaborative: You can write with other writers. Whether on a quick phone call or via a Google doc, you can work on the same project together, making sure the best ideas from all participants make it into the final product.
- Creative with an eye for design: Storytelling through visual design excites you. You can effectively determine and communicate the creative considerations behind logos, color palettes, and other graphic elements.
- Detailed and timely: You reliably complete tasks on time and to a high standard. You can track a project from beginning to end and catch things before they go wrong. When things do go wrong (which they always do), you find the best solution and act on it.
- A self-starter: Call it initiative, hustle, or just plain motivation, you’re always thinking ahead and pushing projects forward without follow up or reminders.
- Coachable: You take feedback seriously, not personally. You own your mistakes and use them as a learning opportunity to swiftly make the changes necessary.
Most importantly, you value what we value:
- Kindness: You approach every situation with awareness and empathy.
- Ownership: You lead from where you are and embrace responsibility for actions and outcomes.
- Growth: You strive for improvement in all areas through teaching, learning, and evaluation.
- Support: You see people for who they are in order to give intentional, proactive help and encouragement.
We’re a growing company with big ambitions. Our environment is more of a start-up than a corporate office. We embrace change, learning, and growth in every area.
We care about your total well-being. From flexible paid time off to paid family leave, weekly 1:1 meetings with your supervisor to an education stipend, our benefits are designed to support you in every area of your life, not just work.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage people of color, those who identify as LGBTQ+, people with disabilities, veterans, and those with a history of incarceration or criminal history to apply.
- Initial Posting Date: July 16, 2021
- Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until filled.
- Employment Type: Full-time, exempt
- Salary Range: $42K – $50K
- A ton of other great things:
- 12 paid holidays
- Companywide office closure for Thanksgiving week and the two weeks around the Christmas & New Year holidays
- Flexible paid time off (meaning, we don’t limit the number of paid days off)
- Earned sick days
- Remote working policy (Javelina is currently fully remote and will remain so until at least the end of 2021).
- Health Insurance
- An annual stipend for professional development/educational opportunities
- Commission on any clients you bring in
- 401K plan with employer match
- Paid family leave
We are committed to equality and minimizing bias in our hiring process. Here are just some of the actions we take:
- An administrator compiles all applications and removes personal identifying information. Once documents have been scrubbed, they are given to the hiring team to conduct blind application and resume review.
- We ask that our employees do not answer questions about posted positions so as not to give any particular candidate an inside-scoop. So, if you have questions – include them in the space provided in the online application.
Apply now by filling out this form!