Your specific duties and responsibilities include:
Directing the financial and business operations function for Javelina
- Serve on Javelina’s Leadership Team, collaborating with the CEO, Vice Presidents and Directors on all matters related to the company’s strategic growth and development
- Develop and manage long-term goals and KPIs for the finance and operations subcommittee
- Using relevant and accurate data, plan, analyze, and make recommendations for future growth, development, and maintenance of the organization.
- Recruit and oversee financial and operational staff and contractors
Budget development and management
- Develop and implement the company’s annual budget
- Responsive management of budget with regular reporting to Owners and Leadership Team
- Work with Project Managers to monitor effective budget management on the project level
Financial projections, reporting and analysis
- Oversee preparation of business activity reports, financial and sales forecasts, and financial analysis
- Prepare monthly financial reports
- Conduct analysis of project projections and costs to ensure pricing model is efficient, effective and accurate
Oversight of daily financial and business operations
- Establish internal controls and guidelines for accounting transactions and budget preparation.
- Oversee financial operations, which include financial accounting, accounts payable and receivable, and commissions system
- Oversee business operations, which include management of facilities and IT systems, and administrative support
- Oversees onboarding and offboarding of employees, vendors and contractors
- Maintain confidential records for all employees related to hiring, terminations, performance reviews, utilization of benefits, usage of PTO and earned sick time, etc.
- Ensure compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations
Systems improvements and integrations
- Develop and maintain a documented system of financial and operational policies and procedures.
- Work with other department heads to integrate and improve these policies and procedures company wide.
Your skills and experience include:
- At least five years of related experience in budget planning, financial management and financial analysis
- Experience managing staff and vendors
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in accounting, finance or business preferred
- Experience working in the marketing, branding and advertising sector preferred
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and delegate tasks
- Ability to analyze and evaluate budgets and financial models
- Ability to maintain confidential records
- Highly proficient with Quickbooks and Google Suite
Most importantly, you value what we value:
- Kindness: You approach every situation with awareness and empathy
- Ownership: You lead from where you are and embrace responsibility for actions and outcomes
- Growth: You strive for improvement in all areas through teaching, learning, and evaluation
- Support: You see people for who they are in order to give intentional, proactive help and encouragement
We’re a growing company with big ambitions. Our environment is more of a start-up than a corporate office. We embrace change, learning, and growth in every area.
We care about your total well-being. From flexible paid time off, paid family leave, healthcare benefits, matching funds for retirement accounts, weekly 1:1 meetings with your supervisor, and an education stipend, our benefits are designed to support you in every area of your life, not just work.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage people of color, those who identify as LGBTQ+, people with disabilities, veterans, and those with a history of incarceration or criminal history to apply.
- Initial Posting Date: August 11, 2021
- Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until filled, and prompt response is encouraged.
- Employment Type: Full-time, exempt
- Salary Range: $60-75k, commensurate with experience
- A ton of other great things:
- A remote working environment – Javelina is currently fully remote and will remain so until at least the end of 2021.
- Flexible paid time off (meaning, we don’t limit the number of paid days off)
- Company-wide paid office closure for Thanksgiving week and the two weeks around the winter holidays
- 12 paid national holidays, some of which coincide with the Thanksgiving and winter office closures
- Earned sick days
- Health insurance
- 401k plan with 4% employer match
- Up to 12 weeks paid family leave per year after a full year of employment in the case that a child joins the home, or to care for the health of yourself or a family member
- An annual stipend for professional development/educational opportunities
- Commission on any clients you bring in
Apply now by filling out this form!