At Javelina, we advance equality and human dignity through social, political and economic change. We’re seeking a new member of the herd who is driven to do just that. Above all else, we are looking for someone who values what we value: kindness, a strong sense of ownership over delivering a phenomenal product, working with a supportive team, always learning, and making a difference in the world.
Our clients are nonprofits, businesses, and political campaigns. We work with them to identify the change they want to see in the world and make it happen by bringing together strategies from the worlds of marketing and political campaigns. The foundation of this work is helping our clients identify their core purpose and developing messaging and creative content that powerfully communicates that both internally and externally.
Your role in the team will be to lead our clients in their traditional and digital marketing efforts.
More specifically, you will:
- Lead the creative strategy for marketing and digital clients. This includes facilitating the planning of those projects and contributing to the overall strategy and content development
- Digital: Develop and write programmatic, search, paid social, and OTT campaigns
- Traditional: Write and implement general communications plans. This includes an understanding of various methods of marketing (mail, TV, radio, billboards, etc.) and the ability to discern which methods are appropriate for different situations
- Review and finalize high-quality client work. You will oversee a wide range of written and graphic content, including web and social media content, long-form messaging materials, printed collateral, and recommendation memos.
- Create high-level project plans and manage the timeline, staffing, and budgets associated for marketing and/or digital clients.
- Ensure scope of work is adhered to and manage changes to scope.
- Build and maintain excellent customer service by practicing proactive communication and being responsive to client needs.
- Assist in the development of the whole team by managing Client Associates and overseeing their learning and professional growth
- Assist in the growth and development of Javelina as a company, the services we provide, and how we work together on a daily basis.
- Assist in advancing the Javelina brand through participation in sales and marketing initiatives.
- A believer in creative systems and processes: With our team-based approach, this role is as much about managing a team of creatives and the systems they follow as it is developing content yourself.
- A strong writer. Whether writing a tweet or a multi-page marketing plan, you produce high-quality, creative content that drives action. You should be able to draft content to that standard as well as work with others to achieve the same level of quality in their work.
- A creative problem-solver. You welcome challenges and finding possible solutions to unexpected problems. You don’t give up easily, and you’re driven to persevere until you’ve found the right solution.
- Strategic. You work to understand the goals and needs of each project, look at the big picture, and can set a course that accomplishes those goals.
- Proactive. When things do go wrong (which they always do) you’re inclined to spring into action. You can spot when a project is about to go awry, and you’re comfortable developing a plan to pivot and get the team back on track.
- Discerning. You have a good creative eye and can distringuish what looks great and what doesn’t. You won’t necessarily be creating all the content, but you have the ability and know-how to jump in and make tweaks when needed.
- Data-driven. You know that benchmarks and measurement are essential to learning and growth. You’re comfortable digging into the data of a digital campaign and developing insights and recommendations.
We’re a growing company with big ambitions. Our environment is more start-up than a corporate office. The chaos is mostly organized but it is certainly a fast-paced and constantly evolving environment. If the one thing you know is that you want to change this crazy world of ours, we might just be the clan to do it with.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage people of color, those who identify as LGBTQ, people with disabilities, veterans, and those with a history of incarceration or criminal history to apply.
What to do next:
- Apply for the job here. In addition to the super basic application questions we’d like you to include the following:
- One page resume. Document should be in PDF format and follow this naming convention: First Name.Last Name_document name
- Tell us in one page or less: What opportunities do you see for digital marketing to change the world in a positive way? Be as creative (or not) as you want – we want to see your personality come through! Document should be in PDF format, include the total word count in the header, and follow this naming convention: First Name.Last Name_document name
- Include 1-2 examples of previous work. Try and include pieces of work that speak to your strengths in digital marketing. If possible, please include campaign metrics.
- List 2-3 professional references.
- If you have problems accessing the Google Form, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and someone from our team will be in touch.
If you have questions about the company or the position, include them in the space provided in the online application
First review of applications will be January 13th, 2020. We will continue reviewing applications on a rolling basis until we’ve hired a candidate and this posting will be taken down.
Initial Posting Date: 12/17/2019
Employment Type: Full-time, exempt
Salary Range: $45 – $60K
Position location: Phoenix, AZ or Denver, CO
A ton of other great things:
- 12 Paid Holidays
- Flexible Paid Time Off (meaning, we don’t limit the number of paid days off)
- Earned sick days
- Remote working policy (You can work from home some days – no being tied to a desk 9-5)
- Health Insurance
- An annual stipend for professional development/educational opportunities
- Commission on any clients you bring in
We are committed to equality and minimizing bias in our hiring process. Here are just some of the actions we take:
- An administrator compiles all applications and removes personal identifying information. Once documents have been scrubbed, they are given to the hiring team to conduct blind application and resume review.
- We ask that our employees do not answer questions about posted positions so as to not give a particular candidate an inside-scoop. So, if you have questions – include them in the space provided in the online application.