At Javelina, we advance equality and human dignity through social, political and economic change. We’re seeking a new member of the herd who is driven to do just that. Above all else, we are looking for someone who values what we value: kindness, doing things differently, pushing harder than ever before, always learning, and making a difference in the world.
Our clients are nonprofits, businesses and political campaigns. We work with them to identify the change they want to see in the world and make it happen by bringing together strategies from the worlds of marketing and political campaigns. The foundation of this work is helping our clients identify their core purpose and developing messaging that powerfully communicates that both internally and externally.
Your role in the team will be to lead our clients in their traditional and digital marketing efforts, as well as develop their purpose, mission, and values alongside their messaging. More specifically, you will:
- Develop, implement, and report on digital campaigns for our marketing clients.
- Create high-level project plans and manage the timeline, staffing, and budgets associated with each client.
- Ensure scope of work is adhered to and manage changes to the scope.
- Build and maintain excellent customer service by practicing proactive communication and being responsive to client needs.
- Create, review and finalize high-quality client work, including a wide range of written materials, including web and social media content, long-form messaging materials, and recommendation memos.
- Assist in the development of the whole team by managing Client Associates and overseeing their learning and professional growth.
- Assist in the growth and development of Javelina as a company, the services we provide and how we work together on a daily basis.
- Assist in advancing the Javelina brand through participation in sales and marketing initiatives.
- A strong writer. Whether writing a tweet or a multi-page marketing plan, you have a high standard of quality in mind. You have the ability to draft content to that standard and help your team adhere to it as well.
- A creative problem-solver. You welcome challenges and finding possible solutions to unexpected problems. You don’t give up easily, and you’re driven to persevere until you’ve found the right solution.
- Data-driven. You know that benchmarks and measurement are essential to learning and growth. You’re comfortable digging into the data of a digital campaign and developing insights and recommendations.
- Proactive. When things do go wrong (which they always do) you’re inclined to spring into action. You can spot when a project is about to go awry, and you’re comfortable developing a plan to pivot and getting the team back on track.
- Adaptable. You’re not afraid of change or uncertainty. You can roll with the punches and you celebrate every obstacle. You welcome the lessons you’ve learned from challenges and failures.
- Discerning. You have a good creative eye and can distinguish what looks great and what doesn’t. You won’t necessarily be creating all the content, but you have the ability and know-how to jump in and make tweaks when needed.
We’re a growing company with big ambitions. Our environment is more start-up than a corporate office. The chaos is mostly organized but it is certainly a fast-paced and constantly evolving environment. If the one thing you know is that you want to change this crazy world of ours, we might just be the clan to do it with.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage people of color, those who identify as LGBTQ, people with disabilities, veterans, and those with a history of incarceration or criminal history to apply.
What to do next:
- Apply for the job here. In addition to the super basic application questions we’d like you to include the following:
- One page resume. Document should be in PDF format and follow this naming convention: First Name.Last Name_document name
- Tell us in one page or less: What opportunities do you see for digital marketing to change the world in a positive way? Be as creative (or not) as you want – we want to see your personality come through! Document should be in PDF format, include the total word count in the header, and follow this naming convention: First Name.Last Name_document name
- Include 1-2 examples of previous work. Try and include pieces of work that speak to your strengths in digital marketing. If possible, please include campaign metrics.
- List 2-3 professional references.
If you have questions about the company or the position, include them in the space provided in the online application
First review of applications was March 18, 2019. We will continue reviewing applications on a rolling basis until we’ve hired a candidate and this posting will be taken down.
Initial Posting Date: 02/26/2019
Employment Type: Full-time, exempt
Salary Range: $45 – $60K
Position location: Phoenix, AZ
A ton of other great things:
- 12 Paid Holidays
- Flexible Paid Time Off (meaning, we don’t limit the number of paid days off)
- Earned sick days
- Remote working policy (You can work from home some days – no being tied to a desk 9-5)
- Health Insurance
- An annual stipend for professional development/educational opportunities
- Commission on any clients you bring in
We are committed to equality and minimizing bias in our hiring process. Here are just some of the actions we take:
- An administrator compiles all applications and removes personal identifying information. Once documents have been scrubbed, they are given to the hiring team to conduct blind application and resume review.
- We ask that our employees do not answer questions about posted positions so as to not give a particular candidate an inside-scoop. So, if you have questions – include them in the space provided in the online application.