At Javelina, we bring stories to life for our clients, so our clients can change the world. We’re hard-working, driven to win, and passionate about progress.
We’re looking for an intern to assist the Marketing and Client Services teams on a variety of creative projects. From editing a podcast to making an Instagram post, this is a great opportunity to impact the day-to-day work our firm does for nonprofit, business, and political clients.
This is a paid internship at $13/hr. We’re looking for candidates that can intern at least 15 hours per week. All internships are located at our Phoenix, AZ office.
Applications for Fall 2019 internships are due by Friday, August 2nd. Spring 2020 internships will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Main tasks and responsibilities for this educational opportunity will include but not be limited to:
- Create social media content for Javelina and our clients including writing copy, creating graphics, and scheduling posts
- Design and layout documents as needed
- Develop creative ways to grow Javelina’s audience and engagement
- Contribute to Javelina’s marketing efforts including pulling statistics from social media, creating and sending newsletters, assisting with the podcast and other duties as needed
- Positive and forward thinking
- Able to complete stellar work independently or as part of a team
- A great communicator – both verbal and written
- Curious and eager to learn
- A creative problem solver
What you’ll learn:
- How to plan and execute content calendars
- How to prioritize needs
- How to edit basic graphics and audio
- A variety of marketing techniques across different industries
- How to create analytics reports and make recommendations based on those reports
A strong candidate will have the following qualities:
- Experience in Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Majoring in a related field
- Knowledge of or interest in any of the following: marketing, communications, politics/political campaigns, nonprofits
- Passionate about progressive issues and causes
- Availability to intern for 6-12 months