At Javelina, we bring stories to life for our clients, so our clients can change the world. We’re hard-working, driven to win, and passionate about progress.
We’re looking for a communications intern to assist the Client Services team on a variety of projects. From rebranding a non-profit to running a political campaign, every day brings something new.
This is a paid internship at $13/hr. We’re seeking candidates that can intern at least 15 hours per week.
Main tasks and responsibilities for this educational opportunity will include but not be limited to:
- Write content for Javelina and our clients as needed, including blogs, social media content, press releases, and website copy
- Assist with managing tasks and timelines to ensure work gets completed on time and to a high standard
- Support client projects with thorough research and analysis
- Assist with event planning and coordination
- Participate in the creative development process
- Other duties and opportunities as assigned
- Positive and forward thinking
- Able to complete stellar work independently or as part of a team
- A great communicator – both verbal and written
- Curious and eager to learn
- A planner who is obsessed with the details
What you’ll learn
- How to create compelling messaging for all platforms
- How to prioritize and synthesize information for maximum impact
- The fundamentals of project management and client service
A strong candidate will have the following qualities:
- Majoring in a related field
- Knowledge of or interest in any of the following: marketing, communications, politics/political campaigns, non-profits
- Passionate about progressive issues and causes