At Javelina, we bring stories to life for our clients, so our clients can change the world. We’re hard-working, driven to win, and passionate about progress.
We’re looking for a communications intern to assist the Client Services team on a variety of projects. From researching client competitors to preparing for a presentation and drafting a press release, this is a great opportunity to impact the day-to-day work our firm does for nonprofit, business, and political clients.
This is a paid internship at $13/hr. We’re seeking candidates that can intern at least 15 hours per week. This internship is located in our Phoenix, AZ office.
We are no longer accepting applications for Spring 2020 internships. Summer 2020 internships will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Main tasks and responsibilities for this educational opportunity will include but not be limited to:
- Drafting written content for Javelina and our clients as needed, including blogs, social media content, talking points, press releases, and website copy
- Support client projects with thorough research and analysis
- Assist with managing tasks and timelines to ensure work gets completed on time and to a high standard
- Design and layout documents as needed
- Review, analyze, and report on social media and blog metrics
- Assist with event planning and coordination
- Participate in the creative development process
- Other duties and opportunities as assigned
- Positive and forward-thinking
- Thorough and detail-oriented – able to catch the tiniest of mistakes
- Coachable and take feedback seriously, not personally
- Able to complete stellar work independently or as part of a team
- A great communicator – both verbal and written
- Curious and eager to learn
- A planner who is obsessed with the details
What you’ll learn:
- How to create compelling messaging to inspire social, economic, and political change
- How to prioritize and synthesize information for maximum impact
- The fundamentals of excellent project management and client service
A strong candidate will have the following qualities:
- Majoring in a related field or has relevant experience
- Knowledge of or interest in any of the following: marketing, communications, politics/political campaigns, nonprofits
- Passionate about progressive issues and causes