Client Communications Associate
At Javelina, we advance equality and human dignity through social, political and economic change. We’re seeking a new member of the herd who is driven to do just that. Above all else, we are looking for someone who values what we value: kindness, doing things differently, pushing harder than ever before, always learning, and making a difference in the world.
Our clients are nonprofits, businesses and political campaigns. We work with them to identify the change they want to see in the world and make it happen by bringing together strategies from the worlds of marketing and political campaigns. The foundation of this work is helping our clients identify their core purpose and developing messaging that powerfully communicates that both internally and externally.
Your role in the team will be to help our clients develop their purpose, mission and values and write their messaging. This entails coordinating client projects, writing excellent materials, and providing a client experience that is second-to-none.
More specifically, you will:
- Ensure client tasks are completed on time and to a high standard to ensure the overall success of client projects.
- Complete high-quality client work, including a wide range of written materials, including web and social media content, long-form messaging materials, recommendation memos, and press releases. You’ll also conduct research that informs client projects and decisions.
- Build and maintain excellent customer service by practicing proactive communication and being responsive to client needs.
- Assist in the development of the whole team by managing interns and overseeing their learning and professional growth.
- Assist in the growth and development of Javelina as a company, the services we provide and how we work together on a daily basis.
- Assist in advancing the Javelina brand through participation in sales and marketing initiatives.
- An excellent writer. Whether writing a tweet or a four-page paper, you can turn an idea into a first draft with little assistance, and develop strong final materials. You always get high scores in Buzzfeed grammar tests.
- A creative problem-solver. You love thinking things through and finding possible solutions to unexpected problems. Maybe you love puzzles or Pinterest. You persevere until the right solution is discovered.
- A proactive communicator. Whether in writing or in person, you are comfortable communicating professionally and intentionally with a wide range of audiences.
- Detailed and timely. You reliably complete tasks on time and to a high standard without follow up or reminders. You can track a project from beginning to end and catch things before they go wrong. When things do go wrong (which they always do) you find the best solution and act on it.
- Adaptable: You’re not afraid of change. You can roll with the punches and you celebrate every obstacle, challenge or failure as a lesson to learn from.
We’re a growing company with big ambitions. Our environment is more start-up than corporate office. The chaos is mostly organized but it is certainly a fast-paced and constantly evolving environment. If the one thing you know is that you want to change this crazy world of ours, we might just be the clan to do it with.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage people of color, those who identify as LGBTQ, people with disabilities, veterans, and those with a history of incarceration or criminal history to apply.
What to do next:
- Apply for the job here. In addition to the super basic application questions we’d like you to include the following:
+ One page resume. Document should be in PDF format and follow this naming convention: First Name.Last Name_document name
+ Tell us in one page or less: If you could change one thing in the world right now, what would it be and why? Be as creative (or not) as you want – we want to see your personality come through! Document should be in PDF format and follow this naming convention: First Name.Last Name_document name
+ Include 2-3 examples of materials you have written. Try and include a range that shows off your skills.
+ List 2-3 professional references.
+ If you have questions about the company or the position, include them in the space provided in the online application
- First review of applications on January 11, 2019.
- Initial Posting Date: 12/20/2018
- Employment Type: Full-time, exempt
- Salary Range: $36 – $42K
- A ton of other great things:
+ Employer-paid health insurance
+ Flexible Paid Time Off (meaning, we don’t limit the number of paid days off)
+ Remote working policy (no being tied to a desk 9-5)
+ Earned sick days
+ An annual stipend for professional development/educational opportunities
+ Commission on any clients you bring in
We are committed to equality and minimizing bias in our hiring process. Here are just some of the actions we take:
+ An administrator compiles all applications and removes personal identifying information. Once documents have been scrubbed, they are given to the hiring team to conduct blind application and resume review.
+ We ask that our employees do not answer questions about posted positions so as to not give a particular candidate an inside-scoop. So, if you have questions – include them in the space provided in the online application.