Client Communications Associate
At Javelina, we advance equality and human dignity through social, political and economic change. We’re seeking a new member of our herd who is driven to do just that. Applicants must live in or be willing to relocate to Phoenix, AZ or Denver, CO. Relocation assistance is not available.
Our clients are nonprofits, businesses and political campaigns. We work with them to identify the change they want to see in the world and make it happen by bringing together strategies from the worlds of marketing and political campaigns. The foundation of this work is helping our clients identify their core purpose and developing messaging that powerfully communicates that both internally and externally.
Your role in the team will be to help our clients develop their purpose and advance their brand. This entails coordinating client projects, writing excellent materials, and providing a client experience that is second-to-none.
More specifically, you will:
- Creatively develop a wide range of written materials, including web and social media content, long-form messaging materials, recommendation memos, and press releases. You’ll also conduct research that informs client projects and decisions.
- Coordinate and track client projects to ensure client tasks are completed on time and to a high standard to ensure the overall success.
- Conduct research that informs client projects and decisions.
- Edit and proof documents.
- Contribute to other creative processes, such as brainstorming sessions and client retreats.
- Build and maintain excellent customer service by practicing proactive communication and being responsive to client needs.
- Assist in the development of the whole team by managing interns and overseeing their learning and professional growth.
- Assist in the growth and development of Javelina as a company by participating in department and company-wide strategic planning activities.
- Assist in advancing the Javelina brand through participation in sales and marketing initiatives.
- An excellent writer. Whether writing a tweet or a four-page paper, you can turn an idea into a first draft with little assistance, and develop strong final materials. You always get high scores in Buzzfeed grammar tests.
- Detailed and timely. You reliably complete tasks on time and to a high standard. You can track a project from beginning to end and catch things before they go wrong. When things do go wrong (which they always do), you find the best solution and act on it.
- A self-starter. Call it initiative, hustle, or just plain motivation, you’re always thinking ahead and pushing projects forward without follow up or reminders.
- A thoughtful problem-solver. You love thinking things through and finding possible solutions to unexpected problems. You persevere until the right solution is discovered.
- A proactive communicator. Whether in writing or in person, you are comfortable communicating professionally and intentionally with a wide range of audiences.
- Coachable. You take feedback seriously, not personally. You own your mistakes and use them as a learning opportunity to swiftly make the changes necessary.
Most Importantly, you value what we value:
- Kindness. You approach every situation with awareness and empathy.
- Ownership. You lead from where you are and embrace responsibility for actions and outcomes.
- Growth. You strive for improvement in all areas through teaching, learning, and evaluation.
- Support. You see people for who they are in order to give intentional, proactive help and encouragement.
We’re a growing company with big ambitions. Our environment is more start-up than corporate office. The chaos is mostly organized but it is certainly a fast-paced and constantly evolving environment. If the one thing you know is that you want to change this crazy world of ours, we might just be the clan to do it with.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage people of color, those who identify as LGBTQ, people with disabilities, veterans, and those with a history of incarceration or criminal history to apply.
Apply now by filling out this form!
- Initial Posting Date: November 27, 2019
- Employment Type: Full-time, exempt
- Salary Range: $36 – $42K
- A ton of other great things:
+ 12 Paid Holidays
+ Flexible Paid Time Off (meaning, we don’t limit the number of paid days off)
+ Earned sick days
+ Remote working policy (You can work from home some days – no being tied to a desk 9–5)
+ Health insurance
+ An annual stipend for professional development/educational opportunities
+ Commission on any clients you bring in
We are committed to equality and minimizing bias in our hiring process. Here are just some of the actions we take:
+ An administrator compiles all applications and removes personal identifying information. Once documents have been scrubbed, they are given to the hiring team to conduct blind application and resume review.
+ We ask that our employees do not answer questions about posted positions so as to not give a particular candidate an inside-scoop. So, if you have questions – include them in the space provided in the online application.