You meet the requirements for this internship if:
- You are passionate about community change and progressive causes. You’re ready to support our clients in the fights for environmental conservation, protecting reproductive rights, and more.
- You are able to work remotely
- You can intern at least 15 hours per week
- You are able to join our team from at least mid-March through the end of July.
You’ll be a strong candidate if you possess the following skills:
- Able to complete stellar work independently or as part of a team
- A great communicator – both verbal and written – who can write in different voices
- A planner who is obsessed with the details
- Analytical and able to recognize patterns
- Proficient with the basic tools of remote work – think Gmail, Google Docs, social media platforms, etc
- Positive and forward-thinking
- Coachable and take feedback seriously, not personally
- Curious and eager to learn
- Speak more than one language/are bilingual (not required)
Your skillset, strengths, and interests will determine the types of projects you’ll participate in at Javelina. Potential tasks and responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Draft written content for Javelina and our clients as needed, including blogs, social media content, talking points, press releases, and website copy
- Review, analyze, and report on social media and blog metrics
- Support client projects with thorough research and analysis
- Support project management teams to ensure that Javelina projects are efficient and on-budget
- Design and layout documents as needed
- Assist in crafting meeting agendas and meeting follow-up
- Participate in the creative development process
- Launch, facilitate, and report on digital marketing campaigns
- Assist with managing tasks and timelines to ensure work gets completed on time and to a high standard
- Assist with the development and implementation of company culture initiatives and activities
- Other duties and opportunities as assigned
Initial Posting Date: 1/15/2021
Employment Type: Temporary, Part Time
Salary: $15/ hour
Position location: Work-from-home in Arizona or Colorado
We are committed to equity and inclusivity in our hiring process. Here are some of the actions we take to ensure an equal opportunity for every applicant:
- An administrator compiles all applications and removes personal identifying information. Once documents have been scrubbed, they are given to the hiring team to conduct a blind review.
- We ask that our employees do not answer questions about posted positions so as to not give any particular candidate an inside-scoop. So, if you have questions – please include them in the space provided in the online application.
Javelina is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.