At Javelina, we bring stories to life for our clients, so in turn our clients can change the world. We work together as a team to provide a full suite of professional consulting services. Our internship program is designed and intended to provide a robust educational experience and introduction into the world of digital marketing. We strive to provide you with a unique and close-up look at marketing campaigns, strategy, and content creation. As an intern, you will report to the Client Manager of Marketing and complete creative projects for clients and Javelina.
As this is an educational internship, each intern will get out of the internship precisely what they put into it. Interns should be current college students who have a positive attitude, are highly self-motivated, have a strong work ethic, a desire and interest to work in a fast-paced environment, and a willingness to learn. The ideal candidate would have prior internship or work experience. Strong writing and analytical skills will benefit interns in future political careers and they will be refined here. The intern will have the opportunity to interface with clients, elected officials, and other stakeholders. Main tasks and responsibilities for this educational opportunity will include but not be limited to:
- Facilitating content sourcing and production, including: creating blogs, social media content, website copy and format layout
- Developing creative written content to act as “the voice” for Javelina and our clients as needed
- Develop web and social media content, and channel management support for both clients and Javelina, including weekly written reports and summaries of outcomes
- Delivery of physical and/or digital products to client in a timely fashion, with approval of direct report
- Assisting with event planning and implementation where applicable, including providing logistical support, following up with partners of an event, and planning event programs where necessary
- Assist with in-depth digital media strategies with analytical data to support strategies for exceptional results
- Assist digital coordinator with managing organization and hierarchy of all digital products
- Tracking communications with clients and database management, ensuring all written communication is timely, accurate, eloquent and effective
- Other duties as assigned
A strong candidate will have the following qualities:
- Fun, positive attitude
- A sense of humor and a healthy appetite (we enjoy good food at Javelina!)
- Initiative and strong work ethic
- Strong communication skills – both verbal and written
- Great attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Experience with research and analysis
- Effective time management skills, organizational skills and flexible mindset
- Familiarity with or being willing to be trained in: Google analytics, Canva, Sprout Social, Microsoft programs and applications, such as Adobe products and management systems
- Photography, video, web design and/or graphic design experience or desire to learn
The above qualities are qualities that will serve individuals well in professions in digital marketing. This internship will expose interns to the types of job duties and skills that interns will need in the “real world.” Our internship program is designed not for the benefit of Javelina, but instead to help our interns grow in a realistic work setting. This is an unpaid position, but we will work with the appropriate college advisor to facilitate obtaining college credit.
Interns will attend the bi-monthly full staff Javelina meeting, run their own bi-monthly meeting and have regular 1:1s with their direct report for their continued development.
Interested individuals should contact Paloma Ibañez at firstname.lastname@example.org with a resume, cover letter, and writing sample.